Our little girl just turned 4. She is beautiful and magical and so completely honest. She loves being the center of attention and loves to charm people. When things don't go her way, she reacts immediately to 'correct' the situation. Mostly she is happy spending her time playing with her brother, her friends, and us, spending hours in imaginary worlds. She is affectionate and cares deeply about those in her life. Once in a while she decides things must be a certain way and goes full speed ahead, ignoring all requests to stop. She celebrated her birthday by breaking a glass (by accident), pouring water and soap over the bathroom floor, insisting that Gianluca did absolutely everything that she asked because it was her birthday after all, and then drawing all over the table with her crayons. At that point, I lost my patience and threatened to draw with crayons all over her pretty dresses and her new pink crown that I had just lovingly hand made for her. She looked at me thoughtfully and tilted her head and said, 'you know Mama, you're being just like the stepsisters (from Cinderalla)'. And I was. I love that she is always, always my mirror. Whenever I am off course, she gently nudges me back.
Thursday, 14 October 2010
My mirror...
Our little girl just turned 4. She is beautiful and magical and so completely honest. She loves being the center of attention and loves to charm people. When things don't go her way, she reacts immediately to 'correct' the situation. Mostly she is happy spending her time playing with her brother, her friends, and us, spending hours in imaginary worlds. She is affectionate and cares deeply about those in her life. Once in a while she decides things must be a certain way and goes full speed ahead, ignoring all requests to stop. She celebrated her birthday by breaking a glass (by accident), pouring water and soap over the bathroom floor, insisting that Gianluca did absolutely everything that she asked because it was her birthday after all, and then drawing all over the table with her crayons. At that point, I lost my patience and threatened to draw with crayons all over her pretty dresses and her new pink crown that I had just lovingly hand made for her. She looked at me thoughtfully and tilted her head and said, 'you know Mama, you're being just like the stepsisters (from Cinderalla)'. And I was. I love that she is always, always my mirror. Whenever I am off course, she gently nudges me back.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment