My intentions for 2011 are to focus on Joy and to my connections to the people I love. I've been on quite the journey with this weblog. Just a handful of posts that act as touchstones to what I've been feeling and what I have learned. This journey has brought me to a place where I feel restful most days and even most moments. When I consider how I began from such a place of fear, it is heartening to realize how courageous I'm becoming. What I know is I want more of this. More mindfulness, gentleness, generosity, courageousness, compassion, connection and wholeheartedness.
Last week I saw this amazing TED Talk by Brene Brown that talked about wholeheartedness. She tells us that the word courage originated from the latin word 'cour' meaning heart. The original definition for courage is to tell the story of who you are with your whole heart. For me, this is what this space has always been all about.
Her talk is well worth watching. She talks about wholehearted people and the qualities that they share - the courage to be imperfect, compassion to be kind to themselves and others, the ability to connect to others and the willingness to embrace vulnerability because they know what makes them vulnerable makes them beautiful. Brene also tells us that vulnerability is the birthplace of joy, creativity, belonging and love.
To open my heart and be vulnerable. To practice gratitude and lean into joy. To connect. This is my intention for this new year.

Beautiful.....
ReplyDeleteAnd I am there to enjoy this journey with you.
Love, Graham